Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Fried Shrimp and Clams

Captain D's use to have a fried shrimp & clams side combo that was very good.  During the supply issues associated with the Covid lockdowns Captain D's decided to drop this from their menu.  The prices were reasonable and the food was good.  I wish they would bring this combo back.

Howard Johnson's had really good fried clams.  Wednesday nights were all you could eat clams.  I miss this too.

Flaming Pit had fried shrimp that I remember from when I was growing up.

I just tried the fried shrimp/fried clams combo from Carolina Fish Fry Co. on Benson Rd. in Garner.  They were good but not great.  I wish the shrimp breading would have been a bit crunchier. The potato salad was very good.  The hush puppies were cooked well.  The mash potatoes and gravy were good - with the potatoes a bit chunky giving them a nice texture.  Overall, I would rate Carolina Fish a 7.4 out of 10.  Yes, I would definitely order them again.  

MoonRunners Saloon on Hwy 70 in Garner also has some very good friend shrimp.  If you are craving shrimp I would recommend Moonrunners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday morning at Waffle House

  It was Waffle House. The experience was everything expected. We sat at the counter and our waitress was fast, cheerful, friendly and eff...