Thursday, September 14, 2023

Shakes, Concretes, Ice Cream Drinks


Growing up in the St. Louis area there was a chain called Velvet Freeze.  They had the best milk shakes and malts.  Their ice cream was so good all their other products were excellent too.  (hot fudge sundaes, banana splits, etc.)  

 I've always preferred chocolate shakes, with vanilla as a very close second. There are many ways that I prefer vanilla ice cream but for shakes I always prefer them flavored with chocolate/ chocolate.

My personal preference for shakes are the ones available at Steak n Shake.  They are made with real ice cream and whole milk.  They come as single flavors and also as dual blends.


 

But currently, I visit Dairy Queen quite frequently for their shakes.Or Wendys for their chocolate Frosties.  These 2 seem to keep me going.

CONCRETES

My number one choice is Ted Drewes in St. Louis. They have been my favorite now for decades.  But locally, here in the Raleigh area I go to Goodberrys a lot.  Culver's are decent too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday morning at Waffle House

  It was Waffle House. The experience was everything expected. We sat at the counter and our waitress was fast, cheerful, friendly and eff...